A few thoughts...

- Sam has been miserable with his two year molars for about the last week and a half. The past two days, he has felt a lot better, wanting to give hugs and kisses to everyone. It's really cute. Yesterday, he was in the cart at Target, and he wanted to hug Isaiah all through the store. Isaiah climbed up on the side of the cart and humored him most of the time, until he started saying, "Ok, ok. That's enough." Fun times.
- Today Isaiah and I were playing with his doctor kit. He was checking my ears and temperature, and I was healthy. He said, "Mommy, I'm so suppressed by you!" I laughed then told him that I thought he meant "impressed."
- I started doing some of the flylady.com routines on Sunday, and I have to say that I am hooked. With Dan's organizational obsessiveness and my perfectionism, it has kick-started a major kitchen clean-out. We have emptied out every kitchen cabinet, sorted through the items, tossed some, and reorganized the rest. I also sorted through all of the boys toys and took some to our gym nursery.
- Tonight the boys cleaned up early enough that we had time to watch the first race on Cars. It was fun to hear both boys yelling, "Go! Go!" during the race. Sam has started to do this when we get loaded in the car to go somewhere. If I don't get the car moving quickly enough for his liking, he yells, "Go! Go!"
- Tomorrow is my first day of school. Normally, I won't teach at all on Wednesdays, but, for the first day of school, they are running a Tuesday schedule, so I need to be there. Normally, I'll be gone from about 11:45-2:45 every day except Wednesdays. Add to that my piano students, church commitments, and the spring musical. I'm hoping to be able to balance everything. To switch gears from teacher mode to family mode. To work and then play. To stay on top of everything so I can have time, energy, and a cheerful attitude to give to my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment