I'm reading this year's MOPS book, Life on Planet Mom. It's an entertaining, easy read that is all about how your relationships change once you become a mom. An underlying theme I've noticed in the book is priorities. I've always been very indecisive, and I think it's because I didn't understand or have the confidence to order my priorities. Now that I know my first two priorities are God and family, it's a lot easier to make big decisions regarding my career and other activities I'm involved in. I've already started to cut back on some things, and rather than feeling guilty like I would have in the past, I just feel freed up, knowing I am doing the right thing for my family right now.Sunday, February 7, 2010
Priorities
I'm reading this year's MOPS book, Life on Planet Mom. It's an entertaining, easy read that is all about how your relationships change once you become a mom. An underlying theme I've noticed in the book is priorities. I've always been very indecisive, and I think it's because I didn't understand or have the confidence to order my priorities. Now that I know my first two priorities are God and family, it's a lot easier to make big decisions regarding my career and other activities I'm involved in. I've already started to cut back on some things, and rather than feeling guilty like I would have in the past, I just feel freed up, knowing I am doing the right thing for my family right now.
Labels:
family,
MOPS,
priorities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather, this is why I was never active in PTA or Football moms. I felt that while it is a very good thing, it was not the BEST use of MY time. I thought teaching Sunday School, for example, was a better decision. Since my kids were in the SS class, it involved both God and family. Having those priorities does help in decision-making!
Post a Comment