Saturday, February 13, 2010

Isaiah-isms

  • The other day Isaiah was working on his schoolwork book. There was a picture of an old-time village. He had to find the items in the picture that did not belong in the time period, like the tv, digital clock, etc. Then, there was a question, "Before people had cars, how could they get from place to place?" He said, "Well, you could walk, or ride a cow, (pausing) or a friendly reindeer." I don't think he understood why I was laughing so hard.
  • Last night Sam didn't want to take a bath. He was just standing there in the tub fussing. Finally, Isaiah had had enough, and said (exactly in the tone and matter-of-factness he hears when I say it), "That's life, kid. It's not the end of the world." Surprisingly, Sam sat right down.
  • Today, Isaiah was filling out his Cars valentines. When it came time to choose one for Sam, he said, "Which one says, like, I love you or something?" He really does love his brother.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ha ha ha ha...the one in the tub is sooooo funny! :)

Patty said...

missin the boys....these stories helped!