Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Meeting the teacher

Isaiah's new preschool teacher, Mrs. Gross, had an ice cream social at her house tonight. And no, she wasn't gross. =) There are sixteen three-year-olds enrolled, eight in the morning class and eight in the afternoon class. It was kind of confusing, because all of the students were there tonight, and I really had no idea which kids were going to be in Isaiah's class (the morning class). I was able to figure out about two boys and one girl who will be in his class. Most of the boys seemed taller than Isaiah. I hope it's not too much of a problem that he's going to be on the younger side of his age group...
The biggest disappointment of the night? Only the kids and about two dads were eating ice cream!! Is there some unwritten social code that women/moms can't indulge? Are they all on diets or something?! I was looking forward to that ice cream! But I wasn't about to be the only heifer chowing down, so I politely passed.

Before we left I made it a point to tell Mrs. Gross that if she ever has a problem with Isaiah to please tell me right away, and we will address the problem at home. As a teacher, I always appreciated it when parents said that to me. It just sets the tone for the whole year and lets the teacher know you support him or her.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i would have gone for the ice cream! it is one of my greatest weaknesses!

Ryan Hope said...

I wish I could say I would have went but I have ALWAYS been that way, I don't want to appear the pig!! I think that personally stems from me always being heavy all my life, if I'm heavy then I must be a pig who always eats ... you on the other hand could have had the icecream, I doubt people would have thought twice, infact, you could have been the one to start the trend!!

Unknown said...

you definitely should have had some ice cream. the other women were probably thinking the same thing you were, waiting for another woman to take some. that, or they were all lactose intolerant!