Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sea of paperwork

The other day we got a packet in the mail from Isaiah's school. It was stuffed full of all sorts of information and forms to fill out. I tried to sort through it once and kind of gave up, putting it off til later. There's a meet-the-teacher ice cream social notice, meet the teacher at school notice, back to school night notice, phase-in schedule, and health forms that are supposedly required for students in K-12. So why did they send it to me? Does Isaiah need it too? There's a school supply list that, for the 3-year-old preschool, includes "animal reward stickers (medium)." What does that mean? A medium pack? Medium sized stickers? Help!
I am going to turn into one of those parents who askes a million dumb questions just because I'm trying to get it right!
Sending kids to school is awfully complicated. It's almost a test to see how smart parents are! (and how organized!)

2 comments:

Patty said...

I got a headache remembering the mountain of paperwork for school. They make every piece of paper seem like it is the dead sea scrolls or something equally important. Good luck on all that!

Shari said...

Good grief. It sounds more like kindergarten than preschool!

I actually got a letter from Connor's new preschool telling us NOT to send anything, thank you, they have what they need. It was weird because I was used to being nagged by RYF for all sorts of stuff all year long. This will be a welcome change!