I went to school today to make some copies and work on my classroom. When I got there, I found out I no longer had a classroom. I had just been there last week to check things out, and I was supposed to be in the band room that I had used in other years. Today I found out that an English classroom would be temporarily located in there.See, the upper school ordered some portable classrooms which were supposed to be usable by today. I saw the truck moving them into their permanent positions today. So they still need put together. I don't really know how all that works, but I know that right now they are in four separate pieces and definitely not ready for students. Apparently the company the school is working with overcommitted itself and is now behind schedule.
It's not that I really care where band meets. But band involves a lot of equipment: percussion, music stands, etc. To move all of that repeatedly is not only a pain, but having middle and high school students move equipment wears on it very quickly as they aren't always that careful.
The latest that I've heard is that the new classrooms should be ready in the next few days. I just hope they are ready by next Tuesday for my first official day of band.
The silver lining? Eden's space challenges exist because we are growing. That is a good thing!
So today I made all my copies, got a quick tutorial on changes in the grading program, and saw some familiar faces that I had missed this past year. It is good to be back.
1 comment:
Oh man! Well atleast you adjust easily!
=)
Also, I guess you are a kindred spirit!!!
Post a Comment