Last night Isaiah had just finished his before bed snack of pretzels. He asked for a drink, so I asked him if he would like juice or milk. His exact response was, "You know what I'd really like? (A phrase he learned from his dad!) Do we have any leftover cake or something?" I busted out laughing. We didn't have any leftover cake. My mom had made brownies two days before, but we had finished them. Just to see him sitting there, watching tv, with one leg slung over the arm of the recliner made me feel like I was seeing a thirteen-year-old Isaiah instead of a three-year-old one.Speaking of kids getting older... On the morning of his first day of preschool, Isaiah was excited for school and feeling like a big boy. He was still in his airplane jammies when he caught sight of himself in our full-length mirror. He stopped, looked at himself, and said somewhat sadly, "Mommy, I don't really look that big." Tear*
Dan has been trying to teach Sam to do the Home Alone hands on the side of your face scream thing. Sam loves imitating people, so Dan will do it, then put Sam's hands on his cheeks. Usually Sam will let out a little scream, about five octaves too high. Hilarious!
1 comment:
awww...boys! We are going to have such different parenting experiences!
Post a Comment