Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting pulled over

Tonight on my way home from school, I saw flashing lights in my rearview mirror. I pulled to the right to let the officer pass. He waved me around the corner. I realized that I was the one getting pulled over. I couldn't believe it, because I hadn't done anything wrong.
It turns out that our inspection and emissions stickers were expired. We just bought the van less than three weeks ago and apparently, we only had 10 days to get it inspected. Dan meant to take care of it last week, but it just didn't happen. Thankfully, the officer let me off with a verbal warning.

Later, Dan called while we were eating dinner. I told him he was in the dog house because I got pulled over for the first time ever. When I was done talking to him, Isaiah said he wanted to talk to Daddy. The first thing he said was, "Which dog house are you in?" My mom and I burst out laughing. I guess I need to teach Isaiah the meaning of idioms... and watch what I talk about in front of my kids. =)

2 comments:

Blake said...

Sorry you got pulled over Heather. I actually just got pulled over for the first time in my life about 2 weeks ago. At least you just got off with a warning. I wasn't so lucky.

Shari said...

Is Dan is the same dog house as Isaak? If so, they can keep each other company! :)