Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Missing lobster

I have nothing interesting to report except that I am plagued by a missing lobster. Our library has educational packs you can check out that contain a book about an animal, a stuffed animal, and a cassette tape to go along with it. We have no way to play a cassette at our house. The books are geared toward elementary kids and are way past Isaiah's understanding. So when we check one out, it's basically an excuse for the boys to play with a stuffed animal for three weeks.

About a week ago, I noticed that the lobster from our lobster pack was missing. I have checked inside pots and pans where he loves to hide trains; I have checked behind the recliner where I have found Dan's keys twice; I have searched everywhere I can think of where a squirrely 17-month-old might shove it.


I sent Isaiah up to his room to look for the lobster in his toy chest where he keeps his stuffed animals. He actually took all the animals out to see if it was in there. I thought that was a pretty good attempt at looking for something, especially for a three-year-old.

I called the library today to explain my predicament (since the pack is due back tomorrow). See I wanted to be proactive because I am really paranoid about our account getting flagged. That happened once when we accidently put the dvds in the book drop instead of the media drop. Two librarians alerted us to the problem before they would unflag our account! It was embarassing. Anyway they said it would be $8 to replace the lobster (which actually isn't a bad price - stuffed animals are expensive!).

For now, the librarian renewed the pack, so the lobster search will go on...

1 comment:

Shari said...

They can be weird over there. We checked one of those books with a CD out a few weeks ago, and when I got it home, I discovered the CD was broken in half. I took it right back, and they were going to charge me for it! I was so mad I demanded to speak to the head librarian. If I break something, I own up to it and pay for it. But not for someone else's mistake. If I were you, I'd make sure they actually replace the stuffed toy after they charge you. Something tells me they won't, but they'll take the money as a fine anyway.