Thursday, June 4, 2009

Little poet

I think Isaiah might have a little writing ability in him. Either that, or he's just expressing the unique way kids have of looking at the world. Two times lately he said things that seemed rather poetic.

We were at the Children's Museum eating our lunch in the grand hall while a concert was going on. The sound system for the concert was powered by solar-powered batteries. Very cool. So we were sitting at the table and Isaiah was making his animal crackers dance to the music. He pointed to the pendulum that always swings in the middle of the hall. He said, "Look, Mommy. It's dancing too."

Then tonight we had steaks and corn on the cob for dinner. I think I'll serve corn on the cob more often because all three boys were going at it like it was going out of style, and the dinner table was so quiet! Very nice break from the constant chatter. But while we were all eating our corn, Isaiah commented, "We're making horses gallop." He thought that eating the corn on the cob sounded like horses galloping. I never thought about it that way, but I guess he's right.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Kids have a unique way of looking at the world, dont' they? :)