Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Vacation
Here are more vacation photos than anyone really wants to see! But this will give you an idea of what we did on vacation...
Dan found this guy (a black snake about four feet long) stretched across the bottom of the door to our cabin. We scared him with a broom, and eventually he slithered off the porch. We were a little more vigilant after that.
On the Fairhaven campus... Below, feeding the fish, Sam's favorite part of vacation! He kept saying, "Ish, ish!" 
We sat Sam on the rocks. He loved throwing the bread crumbs in the water and laughed when the fish splashed his feet.
We took the boys to the Greater Foscoe Mining Company in South Foscoe, NC. Sam dug right in and was quite muddy by the time we were done. Isaiah loved playing with the stones once they were cleaned off.

Dan and Isaiah in the Linville Caverns in NC.
We found this great place in Johnson City, TN called the Hands On Museum. The boys both loved grocery shopping. I think Sam thought it was real food because he was taking it very seriously!


Sam conducting some international business, still at the hands on museum.
Isaiah at the Gray Fossil site in Gray, TN. He loved looking at the rhino bones and digging for fossils.

My cutie pies.
The four of us at the natural rodedendron gardens on Roan Mountain, TN.
This should have been a beautiful mountain view, but it was so cloudy that day. We could barely see 30 feet in front of us. But the flowers were still so pretty.

The view from the front of our cabin.
This gives you an idea of the elevation of the mountains. I actually had a hard time breathing the first day we were there. I guess I just had to get acclimated, because after that, I was fine. That was one of the nicest things about this vacation - no one was sick at all!
Taking a tour of Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN. You ride in a 10 passenger van for the tour which includes driving around the speedway at about 50 miles per hour on a track angled at 35 degrees. I had to sign a waiver that if my child dies during the ride, they're not responsible. Well, apparently I'm the first cautious parent they've ever had, because the van driver looked at me like I had three heads when I told her I was going to put the boys' car seats in the van. Holding a child in a vehicle going over 50 mph is neither easy, convenient, or safe. Anyway, we all loved the ride. It wasn't really that scary.
Isaiah's 4th birthday. The night before his birthday, he asked me if his Spiderman cake was ready. I laughed and said, "Honey, we're on vacation! I'm going to make you some muffins with special icing." I was glad that he was ok with that. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Precious memories!!!
looks like it was a great vacation!
love all the pictures!!! definitely don't love the snake!!! I think I would have been out of there!
it really looks like you guys had a good time.
Beautiful family, beautiful scenery! Oh my, that looks like a great vacation. I have to say, I am a bit jealous of the sweatshirts. It has been in the mid to high 90's here. I can't wait for Mahaffey!
So glad you had a fun time! Snakes and all :-)
Great pictures!! You look like you had an amazing time!! Though I'm telling you right now, the deal breaker would have been that snake and you couldn't have paid me enough to take a picture of it!! :-/
Post a Comment