even to perfect strangers, I agreed to a free health screening at the grocery store. On my way in, I had seen a sign offering free blood pressure screenings, so I assumed the two were the same. I assumed wrong.This screening was a spinal scan for a local chiropractor. The scan showed problems with the nerves in my upper back and neck. The female doctor said that they were giving a free consultation for the rest of the week. She was so nice, and the scan did show that I had problems, and so I set up an appointment for 5:30 today. I really wanted to cancel the appointment, but I felt bad doing that. So I went, digging myself further into the hole.
It turns out that a husband and wife chiropractor couple have a wellness center in Cranberry. I walked in and heard them playing Christian music, and the doctor proceeded to explain that the brain and spinal chord are God's amazing design. Ok. So now I really can't say no. So she scanned my entire spine. The scan showed minor problems in my lower back and major problems in my neck. Four x-rays later and I apparently have vertebral subluxation. I'm going back tomorrow for my first adjustment.
I googled subluxation and found an article entitled Subluxation: the Silent Killer. Unfortunately the link was bad, so now I'll NEVER KNOW. And now I think my neck has started to hurt and that I'm probably going to die tomorrow. I just hope I get back to the chiropractor before I croak!
I know that chiropractors are supposed to be great for a person's overall health. But seeing appointments on tv where they snap people's necks has always freaked me out, to the point that, even though I know it would be good for me, I have always avoided the chiropractor... until now.
3 comments:
OK OK OK WARNING!!!!! Drink about a 1/2 gallon of water before your appointment. afterwards, drink the same amount.
after my first chiro visit, i got MAJORLY ill--and when i asked people if the two were related, everyone shrugged it off as if i should have known that all the toxins released into my body from the adjustment would have made me sick. anyway, water should flush away all the nasties so youd ont get sick.
also, make sure you stretch after the adjustment. otherwise your muscles will be sore from all your bones being in different places!
enjoy! (did i mention i'm super jealous of you right now?!)
I love love love love LOVE my chiropractor!!! (It doesn't hurt that he's extremely good looking). However, I use to go to the chiro all the time in HS and had to stop because of the whole losing health insurance but a month ago when I couldn't really move it took three weeks in a row of appts. but I'm feeling great!! I do agree with Katherine about the water, infact, mine tells me that everytime I see him (even gave me a bottle after my first adjustment because I was so inflamed and such from the pain) ... there are also chiros though that just use this thing almost like a staple gun and do not crack you, its a personal preference thing. My sister can't stand the cracking so she goes to one that does that, but I personally don't see how it works so I like the crunching! :-) Good luck!
I caved and started going last spring after I couldn't handle the back pain anymore. My back is SO much better, and as a bonus, I haven't had a migraine (was having one a month) and only a handful of headaches (was having one a week) since! I also only got one minor cold this cold/flu season, when usually I get everything that the kids have. Not too shabby!!!
Post a Comment