Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bold move (Ha!)

So yesterday on facebook I saw that a Catholic friend of mine is giving up facebook for lent. Do you know how long lent is?! Forty days! She is so hard-core. I started thinking about whether or not I could do it. I've never given anything up for lent before. I'm not saying that I'm giving up facebook for lent, but I did take it off of my homepage, and I haven't checked it since Tuesday night or Wednesday morning (I can't remember which). I figured that if anyone tries to contact me through facebook, it will come to my email. I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed by some issues lately, and I'm looking for any clutter I can cut out of my life.

On an unrelated side note, this is just a crummy time of the year in the north. Everyone is strung out because of how much snow we've had. Tempers are short and sunshine is greatly lacking. I caught a glimpse of the sun yesterday, and almost recoiled in shock. Then it went right back behind a cloud. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to May.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I've seriously considered closing my Facebook account altogether. I'm starting to get some pretty creepy friend requests and all that aside, it is a huge time drain.