Boy did we have fun at today's baptism party! Dan and Vern baptized 5 people: a 6-year old, a 9-year old, a teen, and two adults in their 20s (including a mom/daughter combo. How special!). Dan asked everyone why they wanted to be baptized, and their answers were just great: to show the world that they're a Christian, because they've accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, because I know Jesus, etc. Also, it was great to see everyone's families there supporting them.
Of course there was a ton of great, home-cooked food, essential to any gathering!

My nephew got baptized, so we got a family picture while we were all there. The funny thing is that we were standing on a hill, and, apparently, the photographer (who shall remain nameless...) tried to compensate by holding the camera at an angle. It makes me laugh! It is what it is!
3 comments:
I'll second the yummy food! I think I ate so much that I wasn't hungry for dinner last night!
I almost peed my pants seeing that crooked picture!!!! Who in the world took it??
How nice to have a pool to be baptized in!! When I was baptized we all went down to the black river!! Since then we've gotten a heated baptismal! (Figures)
Post a Comment