Last week I used $15 worth of gas in two days, and I had only run a few errands around town. This got me thinking a lot more about fuel efficiency.Then I was watching this Mythbusters episode where they tested how your mood effected your miles per gallon of gas. First they had two people drive around happily. I missed the beginning, so I'm not sure what they did to effect those drivers' moods, but they were clearly driving the course with big smiles on their faces.
Then they did all sorts of things to agitate the drivers. They had them drink 32 oz. of an energy drink and take a laxative, and they weren't allowed to use the bathroom. They put sulfur-smelling tablets in their cars and smeared sticky candy bars all over the steering wheels. When it was time for them to drive the course, you could tell they were driving erratically, missing turns, and starting and stopping suddenly.
The result? They had much better fuel efficiency when they were happy than when they were upset.
So drive happy today!
3 comments:
WOw, that is certainly interesting. Though when I'm in a happy place I also don't mind using my gas ... so that may help too!!
It's pretty hard to find your happy place when you're 3 year old is hitting you in the head with his sippy cup while you're driving. But I'll do my best next time we're in the car! :)
I saw that episode. very interesting.
Post a Comment