Friday, May 9, 2008

Doctors

Yesterday I went to the doctor to get my lungs checked out. I've been coughing a lot and just feeling miserable. The other night I honestly was having a hard time breathing. So I figured it was time to make an appointment. Dr. Fantaski (who is fantastic, by the way) said that he could hear wheezing in both of my lungs and that I have bronchitis. He sent me home with some antibiotics and an inhaler. I have never used an inhaler before. Now that I've used one, I decided that it's the most unnatural thing a doctor could ask you do to: breathe something into your lungs. Usually when something weird is going into your lungs, you cough to get rid of it. It's hard to intentionally inhale something. But I hope it will help me breathe better.

I took Sam to the doctor this morning for his six month old well visit. He's growing very well. He's healthy and happy. The doctor gave me some advice on handling a few things, such as his clingyness, dry baby skin, and when he can start table food. He's not babbling much, but she said she's not worried about it because he has enough inflection in his sqeaks and squeals. So that was a great check-up.

This afternoon, I took Isaiah to the doctor to get his coughing checked out. He's been on an antibiotic for the cough for over a week now, and he's sounding worse every day. The doctor said she doesn't think it's pneumonia. It just seems to be an upper airway infection. She switched him to a stronger antibiotic, so hopefully that will help.

We're headed up to my aunt's in Greenville tomorrow for Isaiah's (early!) birthday party. So that should be a fun time.

Well, I hear the little one waking up from his nap, so I better go!

No comments: