Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's been going on...

On Friday, I went to Isaiah's Mother's Day tea. It was very sweet. The teacher had each child seat his or her mom. Then they sang us a song, gave us the gifts they made, and served us angel food cake with strawberries. They made a box with a picture of mom and kid on the top. Inside the box was a hand necklace. The teachers had traced each child's hand on a shrinky-dink, shrunk it down , then made it into a necklace. Very cute!

On Saturday my sister-in-law, Claire, graduated from La Roche College with her bachelor's in Psychology. We had a great time and are so proud of her!

On Sunday, we had church. Then my piano students had a recital. It's always a fun time to celebrate how hard they've worked over the year. I have to admit, though, I much prefer teaching to performing! On Sunday afternoon and evening Isaiah stayed at Dan's parents' house, so we had some peace and quiet around the house.

Yesterday, we all went to North Park. Dan ran while Isaiah played on the playground by the boat house. Sam and I just hung out and watched Isaiah play. We went down the slide once or twice. He's just dying to get in on the action!

So there's a little update on the last few days. Have a good one!

No comments: