Sunday, May 25, 2008

Why we're here

I've heard people pose the question, "If God knew that mankind would sin and turn against him, kill each other, and mess up the earth, why did He make us in the first place?" I can't say that I know the answer, but I might have one clue.

Going to the zoo by myself would be fun. I wouldn't have to ask a little person, "Do you have to go potty?" every time we neared a restroom. I would be looking at the same animals no matter who was with me.


But part of the fun of going to the zoo is sharing that experience with someone, sharing the beauty of the animals with the next generation. Isaiah would walk up to a fence and not even know what he was supposed to be looking for. I would point out the animal to him, and we would talk about the animal, what it looks like, what it eats, what it does. Sharing that experience with him made it more enjoyable for me.


Getting back to the point... God wants to share life and nature with us. He gets joy out of teaching us things and watching us grow. So I guess that could be one reason God made us.

No comments: