Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Being a mom is a hard job. There are a lot of days when I feel frustrated. Lately it has been difficult to keep a two-year-old occupied while keeping a close eye on an increasingly more mobile six-month-old. Trying to get anything done? Practically out of the question. There are things that have to be done every week: 1) The house has to be completely clean on Wednesdays because I have piano students that come to my house 2) I have to have the music for church picked out by Wednesday night for worship team practice 3) I have to keep the laundry moving constantly 4) I have to cook at least two or three good meals, with enough leftovers to last the week. Accomplishing anything beyond that takes an enormous amount of effort.
My point is this: This Mother's Day, I had a different perspective. Instead of expecting anyone to do anything special for me, this Mother's Day I felt thankful that I am a mom. Instead of focusing on how hard I work as a mom, I just thanked God that he gave me my two wonderful boys. There really is no joy like having kids.
My mom had nursery on Sunday, and here's what she had all the kids make for their moms:
The one on the left is Isaiah, and Samuel's is on the right. How sweet, right?

1 comment:

Shari said...

It was cool of your mom to help the boys make that special project on Mother's Day at church. Mine is on my fridge. :)

Honestly, I don't know how you do it! I can barely keep up with Connor. I couldn't imagine having another one.

If you ever need help with music or anything like that, just let me know. I know what it's like to get overwhelmed so if I can ever help, just say the word.