The drive down started out a little dicey. The roads on Friday morning were pretty snow covered, even the highways. Once we got to West Virginia, things mostly cleared up. We ate a leisurely lunch at Cracker Barrel, and after getting stuck in some Cincinnati and Lexington traffic, finally arrived around 6:00. We ate dinner and went to a game night with some of Matt and Katherine's friends. Our table was playing a game called "Loaded Questions" which I would highly recommend for a group of people regardless of how well they know each other. We heard some really interesting stories from people including most embarassing moments, hopes and dreams, things they're most proud of, etc.
In the morning we ate a wonderful, big breakfast and hung around for the rest of the day. The last time we were all together was in July 2008, so we got to see Abbie talking and walking for the first time! She's getting so big. And Karis is a little sleeping, eating bundle.
On Sunday morning we headed home in much more favorable weather. Dan and I were wearing our jerseys, and the closer we got to Pittsburgh, the harder I waved my towel. Well, it's hard to wave a towel in the car. There just isn't enough room. I sort of wagged and flapped it.
We had to pick Sam up from Vern and Lorrie's house, and when I pulled in our driveway, I got the minivan stuck in the snow!!! Ugh. So Vern and Dan tried to push it out. We called Rick from church, and he and Bethany came over (my heros!!!). Between the four of them pushing, we got it out. Phew! So that was an interesting end to our nice, relaxing, kid-free weekend.
3 comments:
awww! i have such cute kids!
I was just reading Dan's blog... Have you guys read about the different love languages? I was just laughing because it appears that his is gift giving :-) Or, is that yours and he is working extra hard? Which then takes us back to the "Snuggly" post :-)
Rick should start his own towing company. He had to pull me out of Sue's driveway last week!
Post a Comment