Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snowy woods

As I trudged through the snowy woods, I said to Dan, "Well, I needed something to blog about today." Let me back up. Dan has started running again. There's a development up the hill from our house where Dan ran the one day, and he wanted to know how long the one road is. So on our way home from somewhere else, we drove up that road just to clock the mileage. As we got to the end of the road, the minivan died. I mean, it just shut itself off. So we parked in the cul-de-sac while Dan checked out the battery. He determined that it was dead. Now, the road we were on isn't far from our house, but there's no road between them, if you know what I mean. It was snowing but not all that cold outside. So we set off through the woods on some sort of a path, with Isaiah running ahead, having a great old time. Dan carried Samuel who was in his carrier, and we walked the 1/4 mile home. Isaiah kept saying, "I wonder, where is my house?" But it was actually a nice walk which we never would have taken if the car didn't break down. I see it as a gift from God - quality family time.

No comments: