Last week, I took the boys to get their pictures taken at the portrait studio at Walmart. They looked perfect with their matching striped dress shirts. However, it was too close to Samuel's nap time, and he wasn't having any of it. Isaiah was sticking out his tongue instead of smiling. Nedless to say, I rescheduled for another day.This morning, I was planning on going to the gym. Amazingly, Samuel slept until 9:20, when I actually woke him up. We were getting ready for the gym, when all of a sudden I remembered that the rescheduled portrait appointment was this morning. I realized this at 9:30, and the appointment was for 10:00. I knew if we got moving, we could make it. So I just threw whatever clothes on them, and headed out the door. Remember, I'm dressed for the gym and haven't showered yet. I don't like going out like that.
We got a decent picture of the boys together. Then the photographer was taking a bunch of Samuel alone. I had to sit next to Sam and hold on to him through this little trap door in the table he was sitting on. Apparently Isaiah realized that I was stuck sitting there, because he started being so bad! He was messing with the camera and all sorts of other stuff in the studio. Then we had to go into the other little room to purchase prints. This is when everything went down hill. He was running all around, running across chairs, smashing this little duck he found into everything, knocking over this big cardboard sign that said, "We take passport photos," crashing into walls, playing with the computer cords, etc.
Retelling it now, it seems kind of funny, but put yourself in my shoes. Having your kid completely out of control is pretty frustrating. And while Isaiah was running around practically possessed, I was trying to decide which pictures to buy, how many of each one, which photo package would give us the most for the money, etc. I'm really not sure what I ordered. =) I just wanted to get out of there.
At least I got a workout while chasing Isaiah around the studio. Ha!
2 comments:
Memories! They are flashing back!
This sounds like just about every outing I have with Connor. I feel your pain, I really, really do. :)
Post a Comment