Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bye

My 14-month-old son understands the concept of waving bye-bye. When he feels like it, he will oblige his mom and give a goofy little wave to whoever is leaving.
But have you noticed the new trend where people don't say "bye" at the end of phone conversations anymore? I'm about to say "bye" and all I hear is dead air. This has happened several times to me lately, and it always catches me off guard. Curious.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Haven't you heard? People don't have time to say goodbye anymore!

Have you ever heard Isaak talk on the phone? It sounds like a caveman. All I hear are grunts and short blurts that don't even resemble words. And I've seen other people do the same thing.

Ryan Hope said...

I haven't experienced it personally but even when they do it on TV it drives me nuts!! I think it was Gilmore girls that did it a lot, but I could be wrong.