We left Wednesday afternoon to see my dad in CT. We really didn't know how long it would take us to get there. We got caught in some traffic for 20-30 minutes because of a multi-vehicle accident, and when I say multi- I mean 10+ cars. It was crazy. We only stopped for one bathroom break, then later we stopped for a quick dinner at Subway. But it only took us 9.5 hours. We were expecting it might take us up to 10.5 hours. We made it there at 11:00, just in time for the new year! When we parked the car at my dad's, Sam and Isaiah were both sleeping, but Isaiah popped his head up and said with a peppy smile, "Well, that didn't take too long!"We had a good time though. We ate great food constantly. Dan and I got to have lunch with my good friend from high school, Elizabeth. We drove around by my high school, my old neighborhood, and my old church. I hadn't been to CT in over four years, so it was good to see what changed and what didn't.
The trip back was a dream! Beautiful weather, relatively quiet kids (portable dvd player!!), and absolutely no car trouble. Amazing! We only stopped twice, and made it home in eight hours. Yahoo maps said it should take 8.5 hours. Yes, Dan drove the whole way (he doesn't trust my driving!), so it's to his credit that we got home so quickly. =)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment