So today has been interesting. Because of the weather forecast last night, we left our water running just a little bit overnight last night. Well, apparently we didn't have it running fast enough....Normally Dan can thaw our frozen pipes in about 15-20 minutes. He has it down to a science. This morning after 45 minutes of using every method possible, our pipes were still frozen.
After a few phone calls, we got a plumber to come over, but because our pipes are plastic, he wasn't able to do much except offer some suggestions of what we could do.
So Dan rented a heater, bought some plastic, and closed off the area where our outside pipe from the well enters the house. The plumber said to heat the enclosed area up to 70-80 degrees and just leave it. So that's what is going on right now. We are waiting.
It's making me nervous because the kerosene heater is really smelling up the house. The rental note said that it emits carbon monoxide. I'm sure if the kerosene fumes are entering the house, so are the carbon monoxide emissions. So I have the windows slightly cracked (just what you want to do on a freezing cold day...) and we're hoping for the best. I would really love to get a shower, run the dishwasher, or just wash my hands. Hmmmmmm..................
*** After two hours of the rented heater, the pipes thawed!! I promptly got a hot shower and washed the dishes. Dan is out returning the heater and buying new heat tape. =)
1 comment:
Our frozen pipes took 2.5 hours of hot air being blown on them, the last half hour with an electric heater, plus me with a blow dryer. Did I mention I just LOVE subzero weather???
Post a Comment