Friday, January 23, 2009

Some days you're the pigeon. Other days you're the statue.

Everything was fine this morning until Sam spilled water on himself at which point he broke down and could not calm down. He's been working on cutting a few molars the past few weeks, and one is just about to pop through. After a dose of Tylenol he was still out of sorts and giving me major "I'm tired" signs, so I put him down for a nap at 9:15 - at least an hour earlier than normal.
Isaiah was giving me problems all day, just being very moody, cranky, and overreacting to everything. Sometimes he acts this way when he is in pain, so I asked him if anything hurt. I asked him several times, and he kept saying no. His behavior got so bad at one point that he even ended up with a 30 minute time out in his bedroom. That rarely happens. At dinner he was playing with his ear, and after we asked him, he said his ear hurt. So that would explain the behavior. Poor kid.

After dinner I guess Sam was still hungry because he took grilled cheese crusts (from lunch!) out of the garbage and ate them. Ew! After the crust-eating incident, Sam took the sour cream container out of the recyling and tried to take a drink out of it. Yuck!
Add to that an incident with poo going everywhere (I won't go into details) and you have an interesting, exhausting day. Time to relax.

No comments: