Wednesday, January 13, 2010

#500 Woohoo!!

I've been pondering church music lately. What is the purpose? How do we make sure we are pointing to Christ and not to ourselves or our music? How do we make sure that the congregation is focusing on Christ and not on us or our music? How do we respond to criticism? How do we make sure we don't miss the movement of the Holy Spirit? How do we know if we should be the ones leading the music? What is the best holistic approach to leading the worship team not only to learn the music but also to grow closer to Christ in their personal lives? These questions are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg of my thoughts on this subject. I hope to find some answers in a book I'm reading called Worship the Way it was Meant to Be by Robert Wetmore.

No comments: