Friday, January 1, 2010
Fun day with family
We spent the later morning and early afternoon at my aunt and uncle's house near Erie. We managed to stop at Sheetz three times on our trip up there to take advantage of their free coffee today. =) Happy 2010 everyone!
Playing many rounds of mexican train at my aunt's today
sledding...
The little one's first time sledding this winter... he loved it!!
For dinner tonight... frittata with cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil, roasted potatoes with home-made pesto, and peppered bacon. The whole family got involved in making this one... The boys loved using the food processor to chop the parsley, rosemary, etc for the pesto. Then they helped mix the frittata egg mixture. Dan made the bacon and helped with everything else too! It's fun when we all cook together. Messy, but fun. At one point, Sam was flinging egg mixture around the counter and somehow had it all over his hands too. Yuck!! And if you know me, you know I'm a little paranoid about whatever bacteria are in raw eggs. But, it's helping me to be a little less neurotic. I'd rather us all cook together and clean up the mess, than cook a meal neatly by myself. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
NICE!!! Free coffee 3 times today...good job! :) I am also incredibly neurotic about raw eggs. Gracie wants to try everything when we are cooking/baking together and I always tell her she can't when there is anything with eggs in it. I probably shouldn't be as tough...I'm sure I ate my fair share of raw eggs/cookie dough and I survived...but I just can't allow her to do it :)
Post a Comment