May 19, 1999. I was visiting Dan on my way home from college... ok it wasn't exactly on the way home. =) But somehow (and this would NEVER happen now) Dan convinced me to go see Star Wars Episode 1 at midnight on opening night. OBVIOUSLY I wasn't going to see it because I cared a lick about the movie... because I didn't. I just wanted to be with my honey. I'm not sure how long we waited in line outside the Cranberry Showcase Cinemas, but it was hours. We mostly just spent the time talking, which was all I wanted to do. I fell asleep during half of the movie anyway. AND I was probably the only female in the room. There must have been others, but I remember it being overwhelmingly 20- and 30-something guys.So, what's the longest you've ever waited in line?
4 comments:
Nate and I went to see "The Proposal" when it came out... we went to south pike cinema's and waited 20 minutes there only to find out it was sold out. so since we really wanted to see it, we drove the whole way to Pittsburgh mills where we waited about 10 minutes in line which was nice, but over all... that was a long time before seeing that movie!
I'm not sure if this counts because we weren't technically standing in line the entire time..but... When Francis and I were living in Philly we went to the Cheesecake Factory in King of Prussia. Our wait was 4 hours before we got in to the restaurant. We were able to leave and walk the mall...but it was still a long wait! :)
It was black friday about 10 years ago. My sister had convinced me to go shopping with her. I think we stood in line at Toys R Us for a good 4 hours. I must have been crazy.
Next to that, the longest I've stood in line was at security for the airport.
I am happy/excited to share that I waited over night to buy tickets for N Sync "Celebrity" tour tickets. It was a glorious time and I don't regret it at all!
:)
Post a Comment