Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Broken Glass

No, this title doesn't mean anything deep. There was literally broken glass all over my floor! I had just gotten both boys down for naps, and sat down to read my bible. I was reading Luke 1, about when the angel Gabriel spoke to Zechariah. I was reading the words in verse 12 where it says, "Zechariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear" when, crash! I heard the sound of breaking glass on the other side of the house. Then I was shaken and overwhelmed with fear! =) My first thought was, "That cat!" I rushed over to see broken glass everywhere, in thousands of little pieces. The cat was nowhere around. In fact, he came down from upstairs to see what was going on. Poor Obi. Always getting blamed for things. At first, I couldn't tell what had broken! It looked like a glass plate. Finally, after looking up, I figured out that the light fixture had just fallen to the floor. How does that happen? So I spent the next half hour sweeping and vacuuming tiny shards of glass (a nightmare for a mom - who wants their kid to get glass in his foot?), then resumed my quiet time. Ahhh. Quiet.

No comments: