Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Gifts from Samuel

Believe it or not, Samuel did give me two great Christmas gifts. First of all, he's been sleeping through the night since about last Wednesday. I'm starting to feel like a human again because I'm getting a decent amount of sleep at night. That is a great gift! Second, he started smiling on Friday. I carried him for nine months, and now I've been looking at his adorable face for about six weeks now. It's just indescribably rewarding to finally see him smile. It's addicting. For the past few days, everything I try to do takes me twice as long because I keep stopping to get Samuel to smile again. I just can't get enough of it. I understand why God tells us that children are a gift from Him. Thank God for my two cuties.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Samuel smiled at me on Christmas Eve. I felt like someone had given me a gift, too!! One of those snippets in time that "made my Christmas"

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org