Sunday, December 2, 2007

'Tis the Season...

for making Christmas wish lists. Have your friends and relatives started asking you what you want for Christmas? I have a hard time coming up with stuff. We have everything we need. Maybe there are some things we want, but we can easily live without those things. Sometimes we lose perspective and think we need the lastest cell phone, portable DVD player, Visio, ipod, or whatever. But sometimes we forget how much we already have.
I remember when a family friend from South Korea came to my house when I was in high school. He was in awe of our house and our yard. It was almost incomprehensible in his mind to have so much. And my parents' house was a two-story ranch. Completely adequate, but not overwhelmingly large. Seeing our house through his eyes made me more appreciative of what we had.
So today, look at everything you have, and imagine looking at it with someone else's eyes. I bet a lot of people would love to have what you have.

1 comment:

WeddObsessed said...

So true Heather, so true.

You are very wise, and hit the nail on the head...