So this weekend was one of the best I've had in a long time. On Friday night Dan's parents watched Isaiah and Samuel while Dan and I went to see Eden Christian Acadamy's performance of Narnia. It was great to see teachers I used to work with and former students. It's amazing how much they've grown this school year!Then on Saturday my mom took me shopping, which was a blast. I haven't bought clothes lately because I'd still like to lose some more weight and get back to my "normal" weight. But she got me some cute clothes, and Dan watched the boys at home.
On Saturday night we went to a friend's wedding. I hadn't been to a wedding since my sister's in January of 2005. So it was nice to get to go to one. A bunch of old friends from summer camp were there, so we had a great time. The wedding itself was traditional and beautiful. (By the way, I'm still not sure what "let no man put asunder" means...) The reception was in Pittsburgh on the South Side in a cute little restaurant called Folino's. The food was delicious, the cake was beautiful. (I should have taken a picture...) And Tom and Abbie seemed like they had a great time.
This was not so great: on Saturday night, I saw the mother of all spiders in our bedroom. Dan was already sleeping, but he woke up and heroically squashed the thing, amidst squeals and screams from me at its every move.
On Sunday afternoon, I got to go to a spa party hosted by a friend of mine. She had all these wonderful smelly lotions and stuff. It was great. And my feet still feel soft and smooth.
So that was a fun weekend in my book. I feel like I got lots of breaks from the boys, even though I love them and missed them. It is nice to have them in someone else's hands for a while.
1 comment:
I actually laughed out loud at your account of the spider and was reminded of several camp incidents that involved spiders...but even worse MOTHS!!!!!!! Remember the time we knocked out the light??? Oh the memories :) I miss those times together, but not the bugs! :)
Post a Comment