Yesterday we received a new phone book. I was flipping through it, looking to see if there were any good coupons. I noticed that the first listing was for Abortion Alternatives. Listed there were some good local family counseling services and adoption agencies that are free to the birth parent. Good stuff!The next listing was Abortion Services. What I saw on those ads literally made me sick to my stomach. There were ads for abortion services up to the time a woman is 24 weeks pregnant. That thought alone just blows my mind. How anyone could perform these services is beyond me. I've seen my own boys' ultrasound pictures at 20 weeks, and there was no doubt in my mind that they were living beings. They kicked and squirmed and sucked their thumbs. Their beating little hearts had four distinct chambers. To end a life at that point is nothing short of murder. (In fact we were able to see Isaiah's heart beating when I was only six weeks pregnant - truly remarkable. I didn't have an ultrasound that early with Samuel.)
Every child has such potential. Just think. That unborn baby could be the next Mozart, Sidney Crosby, President of the United States, a community leader, or a pastor. There are so many families who want to adopt babies, that if a woman could just stick it out and make it through the pregnancy, her child would surely be adopted into a loving home.
P.S. In an upcoming post, I will share with you an idea of mine that I really think could reduce the abortion rate.
No comments:
Post a Comment