On Sunday we had a guest speaker named Rev. Jim Ailes. He is just a great guy who loves God. I knew the title of his message and his scripture passage the week before. So I just went from that when I was planning the music for Sunday. We sang this song called "The Love of God," which is an old song which has been redone to sound more updated. Anyway, the words to the song are just so profound, and come as close to expressing the vastness of God's love for us as I think our human minds can comprehend. When Pastor Jim got up to speak, he said that that song was one of his favorites, and it also went right along with the point of his message. We hadn't planned it, but God did. =) Now, I'm not blogging about this because it surprised me. I'm actually blogging about this because it didn't surprise me.When I was teaching at Eden, I led worship for two chapels per week, and I usually didn't know the speaker or what he/she would be talking about. The first time the speaker got up and said, "Wow. You read the exact scripture that I'll be speaking about," I was surprised and amazed. Over time, I grew to expect God to work like that.
Anyway, here are the words to the song.
The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell
It goes beyond the highest star
And reaches to the lowest hell
The guilty pair bowed down with care
God gave His Son to win
His erring child He reconciled
And pardoned from his sin
O love of God how rich and pure
How measureless and strong
It shall forevermore endure -
The saints' and angels' song
Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made
Were ev'ry stalk on earth a quill
And ev'ry man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Tho' stretched from sky to sky
O love of God how rich and pure
How measureless and strong
It shall forevermore endure -
The saints' and angels' song
No comments:
Post a Comment