Surprise #1
My aunt from Greenville, PA called around noon and said she and my uncle were in the area and wondered if they could stop by. Now, they're two of the nicest people in the world, so of course I said yes. They ended up getting there around 2:00 and leaving around 6:00. This worked out very well, because I needed someone to watch the boys while I taught some piano lessons because Dan is at the church's district conference. I had someone lined up to watch them, but that person had some problems that morning and could have made it, but it worked out better for her that I ended up not needing her. So Isaiah and Samuel got to play with Aunt Janet and Uncle Todd while I taught piano lessons.
I get home around 5:30 and hear the bath running. Unusual. There are only two reasons you give a kid an unscheduled bath: 1) The kid is cranky/bored as anything 2) The kid had something all over them past the point of being cleaned with baby wipes.
It turns out Isaiah had diarrhea really bad during his nap, didn't make it to the bathroom, and made a big mess all over his bed. Somehow in the course of cleaning up, poo got all over the toilet, bathtub, shower curtain, and maybe some other places I don't know about. So I felt bad that they had such a mess to clean up! Oh, I left out one little detail. It was their anniversary, which is why they were both off work. At least it will be a memorable one, right?
Surprise #3
I got to go to the evening service at the church's district conference and see a lot of good friends the we usually only see at camp. I talked to a wonderful guy named Gary Means for a while. He's getting up there in years, but he does a wonderful children's ministry with chalk drawings. He's the nicest, most caring guy. I remember being a little kid at summer camp and his wife, Marty, leading songs for the kids' services and Gary doing awesome chalk drawings. Then he would turn on the black light and the drawings looked totally different! They both obviously love Jesus and children. Anyway, he made a big impression on me.
So that was my surprising day yesterday.

3 comments:
you know a real life chalk artist???? what the heck!!
i want to meet him!
by the way- i am going to by you a ralph maccio poster off ebay for you to hang over your bed. jk.
I think I know Mr. Means. If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he is a wonderful person who truly loves the Lord. What a blessing.
Hahahaha! I know I'm immature for laughing, but the Isaiah poo story is hilarious!
Post a Comment