Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Icy Tuesday

Today has given me so much to blog about. Where do I start? I'll just share a few thoughts.

Today was our first day back to our regular schedule of preschool, band, lessons, and worship team practice. It definitely feels good to be back to a routine, even though I always kick myself for trying to pack too much into one day.

I was a little concerned about driving all around the north hills today because of the weather forecast... freezing rain... not fun. Turns out all the roads were fine except for our road and our driveway. We've lived here for over four years now and have seen our fair share of mixed winter precipitation, but this has been the worst. The hilly road leading up to our house is literally a solid sheet of shiny, wet ice. It is as smooth as a pond. I've never seen anything like it on a road. When we left the house for worship team practice tonight we couldn't make the one turn and ended up going sideways, almost backwards, down the hill. It ended up in a slightly tense moment between Dan and I! (He was driving...) When we came back, we parked at the bottom of the hill and walked up. THAT was interesting. Nothing like taking 25 steps to go one inch forward! Slippery wet ice is the worst! So I've decided I'm inventing a new sport: downhill ice skating. Our hill would be PERFECT!

Then there's this other part about Dan walking my mom down to her car, while my mom was using a shovel for a walking stick. Two people walking through the dark woods with a shovel... sounds like a horror flick!

So that's just part of my interesting crazy day.

1 comment:

B.W. said...

i thought you would mention your visit to rachel for your back!!