Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dan is Ernie and I'm Bert

The title has nothing to do with this post. It's just something Dan and I figured out while giving the boys a bath tonight.
I decided to work on Samuel's baby book this afternoon. I was trying to fill in the blanks, you know, first tooth, first time he rolled over, first time he discovered his hands, and I realized that I had no clue about any of those dates. So where did I turn? My blog and my digital pictures. Weird, huh? Thank goodness for that date stamp on the pics!

It's amazing how much he's changed already.

Did you ever have this weird feeling that you're looking into the past when you're looking at pictures that aren't that old? Sometimes I can almost imagine what I'll feel like looking at Samuel's baby pictures when he's two years old. It's the same way I feel about Isaiah's baby pictures now. I just can't believe he's gotten so big so quickly.

It's a good way to remind myself to try to enjoy every day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was thinking almost the same thoughts tonight. I was holding Hannah just a little bit ago after she had fallen asleep. The look on her face was exactly as I had in my memory from when she was just a newborn. I felt like I was looking at that "baby" yet seeing her longer hair and bigger body made me remember how much she's grown. It is happy and sad all at the same time!!! It all does go by way to quickly!