When the piano tuner called and said he could come today, I moved the piles of music books from the top, because he would have to open it up to tune it. (See some pictures below.) I also got out the pledge and dusted the whole thing. I vacuumed around it and behind it. It smelled great and looked clean and shiny.When he arrived and started taking things apart, it was frightening and embarrassing to see what was hiding deep in the piano: loads of dust bunnies and even a spider. Yuck!
So I started thinking that our lives can be like that. Just how I thought the piano was clean, and the piano tuner showed me that it was really very dirty inside, so God shows us things in our lives that need to go: sin, bad habits, destructive behavior, jealousy, or whatever. We may think we are living good lives, and I hope we are, but God may reveal something undesirable when he shines his flashlight into the deepest parts of our lives.
1 comment:
What struck me was that, not only was the piano tuner the only one who could show you how really gross the piano was, but he was also the only one who was really qualified to clean it. If he showed you all the dust and then told YOU to clean it out, you probably would have done more harm than good to your piano. That's why I'm thankul for God's grace. Sometimes there's gunk in our lives that only He can clean out--we're completely dependent on His grace and caring touch! Pretty cool.
Post a Comment